Friday 16 November 2012

reading reflection 9


Mercy

Jodi Picoult

Read pages 207-380

The book is really picking up now.
            So much has happened since the last time I checked in and I just want to sit down and finish it.
            As a usual Jodi Picoult book does the book has switched focus from before. As I predicted, Allie found out about Mia. I loved her reaction (selling all of his clothes) because I think it represents a huge change in her character. Before Allie was small and meek and shy and she would do whatever Cam asked her to do. Now however, she holds the cards because she was the one who was hurt. I was surprised however that she chose to cheat on Cam as well but realized it was not going to become a trend when she started to cry. I predict that her doing that will come back and bite her at the end now that things are resolving between the two of them.
            When Allie was in her shop burning the flowers and they mentioned that one of the flowers that accidentally caught on fire signified the death of someone close. I thought for sure that it was going to be Cam or Mia. It turned out to be Angus but I’m not so sure he was the one that the flower was hinting at.
            As for the trial, things are going excellent in my opinion. If I were a jury member I would say that the defendant should go free, no charges. Graham is doing a wonderful job defending Jamie and I still predict that He will walk free.
            I realized that the whole time I was reading I was making text-to-text connections. As I’ve said before this book is extremely similar to other Jodi Picoult books! Especially the trial scenes, she always uses a court in her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment