Monday 5 November 2012

reading reflection #8


Book: Mercy

Author: Jodi Picoult

Pages read: 59-207


                As I said before I am not usually a fan of Jodi Picoults writing style because I find it repetitive so as expected my predictions came true. Mia and Cam did start an affair and I really just had to roll my eyes. However, I am intrigued on the possible back story between Cam and Mia. I was wondering if it would end at simply Cam had seen her from a distance on a vacation, I really hope that it doesn’t. I was thinking about what Mia represents to Cam, I think she represents the freedom that he will probably never have. He is anchored to his town while she has no anchor to keep her anywhere. I predict that by the end of the book Allie will find out and probably react in an extreme way maybe by killing Mia or herself. That is my prediction for the end of the book.

                As far as the trial goes I am predicting that Jamie will go free. I think that everyone can sympathize with him, what he did was out of love. I don’t understand Cam’s frigidity towards Jamie, I think Cam might be jealous of the love that Jamie had for his wife because he does not love Allie enough to kill her. I was wondering while I was reading about the defense that Graham was going to use why there are so many holes in the assisted suicide case. I think that if they used all the neighbors and even the confession they could for sure get assisted suicide to pass. I’m hoping that Jamie gets what he wants; he has been through so much already I think that if the trial continues for much longer he will not be able to handle it.

                As far as text connections go, most are obvious text to world connections for example the trial, the cheating and the 60:40 ratio in the relationship. It is hard for me to connect with this book because It is about older issues, teenagers don’t generally deal with cancer, cheating or murder trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment