Saturday 15 December 2012



Writing:

I think writing my twitter fiction went pretty well. At first it was a struggle getting the hang of writing micro-form but eventually I found a way that worked for me to do it. I found success when I started liking what I was writing. To start I found writing about people I love (friends and family) and worked my way up from there, writing about people I knew put purpose into my writing and the purpose made me enjoy what I was writing. Frustrations came when my inspiration dwindled and I hit a writer’s block, I was having a really tough time coming up with more single tweet stories this is when I realized that I should probably try doing at least one extended story. This worked really well for me and I surpassed my writer’s block. I learned that I have a hard time expanding into new forms of writing but once I get the hang of it I do enjoy it. I think that I may even continue writing twitter fiction, maybe not publishing it but keeping a journal or something. I was a little self-conscious writing and publishing my twitter fiction on the internet where everyone could see it, however, I got great response from others in the class which encouraged me and made me excited to post more!

Reading:

I chose to read the Sasquatch twitter fiction! It was awesome; it was in a way making fun of the new teen obsession with paranormal love stories. Making light of the fact that Sasquatches are probably the least attractive paranormal being but also convincing the audience that they can also be loving creatures! It was excellent; I looked forward to the new chapter each day. It was nice being able to read different forms of writing in Thursday’s class, as of late I had felt a little restricted to books. Now however I have had my break from books and would be happy reading either (book or internet)! I was surprised while reading the twitter fiction how much I enjoyed having to wait to read the rest of the book. When I am really into a book I can’t put it down and read it all the way through, this way it forces me to take my time and savour each chapter. Sometimes even re reading them just so that I was sure I knew every detail before I read the next chapter. I really loved this part of twitter fiction!

Twitter:

This assignment didn’t so much change my perspective as gave me one. I did not have a twitter account before this and so I got to experience it for the first time. I would say that before I had an account I thought twitter was mainly for celebrity’s, drunk teenagers looking for attention and other random people. I can now say it is much more than that, I think twitter can be whatever you need it to be, a way to connect or publish. It is a great way for people who normally wouldn’t get a voice to give their input in books or TV shows etc… I think that as a class we could use twitter to recommend/discuss books with each other and even as an extension of our blogs. For example if you want a specific person to check out your blog, tweet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment