Saturday 15 December 2012

Apocalypse?

In keeping with the Bruied Life theme I thought, why not make a post about the end of the world that was scheduled for... 6 days from now? I think by now most people have either forgotten that the 2012 apocalypse or decided that it is not going to happen. Despite the convincing movie "2012" with John Cusack I have decided that the world will not end on the 21st. However, for the sake to the post let's say that it wil.
To date, I have lived an overall good lie. I've traveled lot's I have friends and family I can depend on, but if I only had 6 days to live, I would not be sitting here writing blog posts (sorry Ms. M). I would take my friends and family and go on a crazy adventure. It would probably start with an impromptu trip to an exotic destination (I've always wanted to visit Thailand), seeing the world would end in six days anyways, I don't see how money could be an option anymore. I would probably encourage my dad to purchase a nice Rolls Royce of some kind so that we could cruise around the content in style.
After a few days in Thailand I would like to visit Rwanda where my sponsor child lives, I would spend some time with her (and probably make a quick trip to see the monkeys) and then I think I would make my way north up to Milan. This is where I would really rack up the credit cards. I would go to as many fashion shows as I like and probably buy some designer garb for the less fortunate living in the city.
Since I am already in Europe, mine as well visit the Menzies castle! I have always been curious about what it looks like (my grandma is a Menzies) I think I would probably walk around like I owned the place (because, why not?).
Thinking about all the things I would do if the world was ending in six days makes me wish I could live like the world was ending all the time but in reality, it's just not quite possible. Instead, I will just have to relax with my family and enjoy a peaceful Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment