Sunday 9 December 2012


Ever since I saw the first episode I knew that before I died, I wanted to meet the Buried Life boys, this is my story:

This was the first day i ever skipped a class (an an english exam at that). Me and my friend Jordan saw on facebook that the buried life were coming to the university of Manitoba. Of course, us being huge fans, we had to go. It didn't matter the consequences (we both skipped exams me: English her: French) we had to see these four inspirational (and hot) guys speak at the UofM.

Us not being students of the University we were unsure of where to go once we got there. So we came up with the logical conclusion of calling the University and the not quite as logical solution to look on the Buried Life website for the number instead of just googling the UofM. So once we had what we thought was the correct number for the university we called, however, much to our distress the heavily accented woman on the end of the line told us the boys had come and left last year and there was no record of them coming back. Devastated Jordan handed me the phone and I redialed the number to try and reach a different person to talk to. I questioned the odd area code but thought it was probably a special university thing when the person on the other line answered "Hello you've reached the University of Memphis how can I help you?" I hung up quickly (hoping to avoid any extra long distance fees) laughing at how we had obviously chosen the wrong UofM.

When we finally got there (after we figured out there was the big hall in the university center)we saw a huge line-up of students waiting to get into the room where they were speaking, not to be deterred we went and waited in line not knowing if we had to be students or not to get in. I honestly am still not quite sure if you were supposed to be a student to go see them speak but we went anyways.

I can honestly say it was an amazing experience. They had an excellent presentation and took the time to take pictures with everyone and have quick conversations with most after it was all over. Although we had to have groups of around 6 in a picture it was still great to meet the guys and see that even with this massive following, they are still pretty down to earth. I will always be a fan!

1 comment:

  1. Super jealous! And while I can't condone skipping an exam, I couldn't think of a better reason to do so. So, "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

    ReplyDelete