Monday 22 October 2012


Question #1

I have to say that I have been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to do after high school. There is a lot of pressure on all of us to decide now what we want to do for the rest of our lives. This is an unattainable expectation because we have no idea what the world is going to throw at us or what we may fall in love with in a few years. Think about it; say we decided today that we want to be an astronaut so we shut ourselves out of all of the arts programs but ten years from now we end up hating our job as an astronaut and wish we had become a lawyer instead. That would entail going back to school for up to 8 years and that complete change in career paths would cause a lot of stress on us and our family. That is why there is so much pressure on us as teenagers to decide what we want to do and make the decision that is right, whether it’s for a comfortable lifestyle or an eccentric one. We really don’t know how we will be feeling in ten plus years when we don’t know how family friends the economy or our location will affect us. I would love to suggest that taking a year off to discover yourself is the answer to all the problems of deciding your life at an early age but the reality is most of us just want to be done with school, we want to “get it over with” so to speak. Waiting around until a career path falls in your lap just isn’t a realistic way of dealing with the stress. I know that life is long (it’s the longest thing you’ll ever do) but nobody wants to spend their whole life going to school to figure out what they love. At the same time I’m afraid I’ll end up going with a career path that was more or less laid out for me and the only reason I choose that particular path is because it was secure and had a generous income. The issue with this is I could find myself stuck in a job I don’t have any passion for and end up staying at because I don’t hate it enough to quit. My real fear is never finding what I love.

Question #2

Comment #1:  http://sjkennedy95.blogspot.ca/2012/10/blog-post_19.html?showComment=1350914727308

 I commented on Sarah’s blog, I really like this picture and the comment you wrote about that wasted minutes add up, thinking about that what is your opinion on movies? If you think about it it is kind of a waste of time to be sitting in front of a screen for two hours when often there are things to do. I obviously watch movies like everyone else but do you think all of those hours that go into the movies are wasted minutes adding up, or time well spent?

I was thinking about how much time people waste on tv and video games and once I saw Sarah’s post I had to comment. She suggests that every wasted minute adds up and I thought what about those wasted hours? Sure some movies make you think but those movies could probably be shortened into shorted segments and I am pretty sure that James Bond is not a real thinking movie. Even though movies can be fun and entertaining why not instead make your own adventure? I’ve definitely been inspired be movies and T.V shows but I wonder how I can inspire others. I am not suggesting that movies are bad and we shouldn’t watch them but next time you sit down to a movie maybe make a mental note on what you could have been doing instead. This will force us to realize that we are missing out on life because of all of our time spent on screens instead of outdoors in the fresh air getting exercise. Just to add a bit of irony to this post, just think of Wall-E, we don’t want to turn into fat floating blobs instead of people.


I commented on Jamie’s blog, this is a beautiful sentiment. I love that you can look at this picture and remember that there is sunshine in dark places. Have you ever used this thought to get you through any rough times you may have had? What other coping mechanisms have you used in the past?

I was looking at Jamie’s blog and loved her explanation of her six word memoir; it made me wonder if this was something that she looked at when she was feeling down. I think that everybody uses different things to cope with sadness and grief and I thought the way she put her description was just so beautiful she could probably even help other people dealing with difficult times with this thought.


I think that even if people end up stumbling across your blog they will enjoy the thought you have put into your posts. Your creativeness might keep them coming back! Have you ever stumbled upon any websites that you have enjoyed and gone back to? If so what was it?
I think that this is an example of somebody underestimating themselves. Sam said he didnt think that people would return to his blog after stumbeling upon it the first time. I think that people will come back because of all of the creative thought he has put into his blog. Everything is well laid out and there is lots of artistic posts that will keep people intersted. I wondered if he had found any other web sites that he had found because I would love to check them out and see what kind of things catch Sams eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment