Friday 25 January 2013

Final Thoughts on the course

My favorite assignment in this course was newspaper blackout poetr. I liked this assignment because it was a mix between art and poetry. I really like recycling the words as well as the newspaper all at once! Very fun and hands on.
My least favorite assignment was twitter fiction. I would have rather writing a regular short story than twitter fiction because it was difficult to condense fragments/ and entire story into 140 characters. It was also difficult to make 30 tweets worth of short stories.
I loved friday reading class. It was an excellent way to end the week and start the day, it was so relaxing to indulge in the book.
I honestly didn't use the WRN. I made it the first week and after that added the odd book into the log section but I even stopped doing that after a while.
Blogging was okay. I didn't love it. I think in the future you should think about cutting down how many personal additions we need to do, 40-45 is a little steep because I know I never really had time to add to my blog because of homework etc.
Tweeting was definitely not my favorite. I never really wanted to have a twitter account and I don't think I will go back to using it. I didn't like it for writing stories on it especially because they were super fragmented and it was hard for me to get solid ideas out.
I liked the integration of technology in the course, I think it's about time we moved on from pen and paper. The probable reason I wasn't to fond of some of the technological assignments was probably cause I wasn't use to it.
I think I learned that it takes me a while to get into the groove of a project I'm not really feeling but for some of the more creative ones I get into it much faster.
I really liked the course as a whole however I do feel rubrics should be more clearly stated. Also I think there should be the option to not use the blog for everything because some people might not be ready to leave the old fashioned way behind.
Don't take this course as an easy pass! There is a lot of work and if you do not stay on top of it you will not be happy with your mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment